Winter is quickly approaching, which means it’s that time of the year when you need to make the switch from tanks and tees to coats and jackets. Nothing warms you up better than a down jacket which has been designed to not only look great but also provide you with some much-needed warmth. There are so many different types of down jackets, so today, we’re introducing you to one of the newer down jackets.
Spyder Men’s Prymo Down Jacket Review
Down jackets are known to be one of the best outerwear for keeping you warm, and the Spyder Company has recognized this and worked their way to creating a comfortable down jacket for the winter season. It has been made waterproof and is manufactured carefully, but still ensuring that you won’t have to break the bank just for you to stay warm throughout the year.
Who Is This Product For?
The Spyro Jacket has been designed for men in order to give them a fashionable piece of outerwear. It comes in sizes ranging from XS to XXXL, ensuring that anyone can fit into this jacket and stay warm in the winter.
The only thing you will get is the Spyro Men’s Prymo Down Jacket since you no longer need any accessories.
Overview of features
Some of the features of the SPyder Men’s Prymo Down Jacket that you need to know of include:
- 500 Fill Down: Down jackets are perfect for keeping you insulated, and this jacket has been made using tiny fibers which allow it to be lightweight and compressible, while still being able to prevent your body heat from escaping. The down jacket features a 500 power fill, which ensures that you’re getting a good-quality jacket.
- DWR Spylon: Spyder used DWR Spylon hydrophobic coatings when they finished producing the jacket. This additional coating allows the jacket to repel rain, snow, and any other liquids. The jacket also has a decreased drying time, allowing you to clean and wear it within a day.
- Custom Trims: The trims on the jacket have a unique red spider on them which represents the company’s logo. It’s a reflective logo which has been made with a contrast reverse coil. There are also YKK zippers used for the jacket, making sure that you won’t have to deal with stuck zippers or ones that slide without zipping. Lastly, you’ll have hand pockets which can help keep your hands warm.
- Sizes: The sizes range from USA measurements of XS all the way to XXXL. To get a better judgment and for a complete chart of this jacket, we suggest you head to the manufacturer’s size listing to see if they have a size for you.
- Trusted Brand: Spyder is known for their high-quality products, as they mainly manufacture types of gear designed for skiers. They believe that using innovative materials will help improve how you feel when you’re outside and will still provide you with that comforting feeling of a soft down jacket.
How to Get the Most Out of It?
This jacket only has a power fill level of 500, which means that while it is still insulating, it’s doesn’t have the highest rating, which is 800. As such, you will be able to use this jacket year round. It’s also made not to look as bulky, which means it can pass as a regular outdoor jacket, and you’ll still be provided with that same warmth that you’d get with a full down jacket. It’s the best of both worlds, right?
What We Like
What We Don’t Like
ZSHOW Men’s Winter Hooded Packable Down Jacket
Maybe you’re looking for a model that can be packed down and stored away. If that’s the case, then the ZSHOW Men’s Winter Hooded Packable Down Jacket is an excellent alternative.
The jacket features a high-quality nylon lining, which makes it 100% waterproof. It also has a ratio of 90% duck down with 10% feathers, ensuring that it’s ultra plush and comfortable.
The exterior of the jacket is quilted and gives a unique style, without compromising its effectiveness. It’s waterproof, windproof, and lightweight, and you’ll be able to easily roll it up and put it in your bag, backpack, or briefcase. Additionally, there are four pockets, two inside the jacket and two on the outside, and you can use the interior pocket to store your cell phone, keys, and wallet.
Down jackets are excellent for keeping you warm, no matter what time of the month it is. The Spyder is a trusted brand that has been in the game for a long time, so they understand how to create gear that doesn’t limit people’s movements. On the other hand, ZSHOW knows that a lightweight and portable model is better for those who need to be on the move constantly; thus, they made their jacket packable.
No matter which down jacket you choose, both of these are excellent options for the winter months. They both feature waterproof coatings which allow the jacket to repel any liquids that get onto it naturally. Both also feature a unique and stylish design, ensuring that you won’t just look like a walking round jacket. Each of these is affordable, enjoyable, and will compliment anyone’s wardrobe, just make sure you choose what suits your needs.